by: Whitney Church
- Revival is needed when spiritual matters are kept in the background and are a low priority.
- Revival is needed when God's people find themselves going through the motions, having only "a form of godliness but denying its power". (2 Tim 3:5)
- God's people need revival when they are wallowing in sin, perhaps regretting their sins, but unwilling to thoroughly repent of them.
- Revival is needed when the church languishes and is no longer advancing.
- Revival is needed when evangelism is no longer considered a matter of urgency.
- Revival is needed when Bible Study becomes boring and prayer a drudgery.
- Revival is needed when Christian zeal fizzles out.
- Revival is needed when Christians grown worldly and lose their distinctiveness from others around them.
- When serious sin is tolerated among God's people, without effort to gently warn or restore, revival is needed.
- When disunity divides a congregation, revival is needed.
- Revival is needed when Christian parents fail to raise their children in the nature and admonition of the Lord.
- When a church is over-confident, thinking their fellowship, their programs, their staff, their building program, etc. are enough, revival is needed.
- When God's people are content, complacent, satisfied with things just the way they are, revival is needed.
The sad reality of the majority of the Revelation churches was that they did not acknowledge these issues prior to the Lord pointing them out. That is further evidence of the need for revival. We are prone to perceive ourselves doing better than is the reality. Will you face the truth today? Lord, enable me to see where I really am in my walk with You. Give me the courage to face the truth.
Prayer: Lord help my church to recognize the importance of revival and allow me to desire it for Whitney.